Hi, I’m Alireza Salemi (علیرضا سالمی) [CV].
I am a Fifth-year B.Sc. student at the University of Tehran. In the past four years, I have studied computer engineering at the school of electrical and computer engineering, focusing on software systems. My final thesis under the supervision of Dr. Azadeh Shakery was training a new language model with novel pre-training objectives for the Persian language with a focus on abstractive summarization.
My research interests lie in natural language processing. I have trained many models for solving problems related to toxic content detection, text summarization, sentiment analysis, textual inference, and language modeling. Also, I worked on computer vision for a while, but my expertise is NLP.
Now, I’m looking for NLP positions in Canada or the US to pursue my education in my field of interest. It would be helpful to notify me if you are interested in working with me!
2021.9: I got the Best Thesis Award in Computer Engineering for my B.Sc. thesis!
- 2021.8: Our long paper entitled “ARMAN: Pre-training with Semantically Selecting and Reordering of Sentences for Persian Abstractive Summarization” has been accepted as a long paper for the main conference of EMNLP 2021!
- 2021.8: I have defended my bachelor thesis about language modeling and summarization.
- 2021.8: Our paper entitled “UTNLP at SemEval-2021 Task 5: A Comparative Analysis of Toxic Span Detection using Attention-based, Named Entity Recognition, and Ensemble Models” has been published in SemEval 2021.
- 2019.9: I got the FOE 2018-2019 award from the University of Tehran.
- 2018.9: I got the FOE 2017-2018 award from the University of Tehran.
- 2017.9: Started my B.Sc. at the University of Tehran!